Conditions of Use
This website is the online version of the Nottinghamshire Historic Environment Record (HER); it does not contain the full amount of information available from the HER database and should not be used in isolation. Members of the public, students and other private researchers can consult the full HER free of charge, while a search charge will be applied for commercial or profit-making purposes.
The information contained by this website is not suitable for use in the planning process and commercial contractors must contact the HER directly.
Nottinghamshire County Council is committed to the protection, conservation and enhancement of the historic environment. In order to ensure that information from the Nottinghamshire County Council online HER is used responsibly, those consulting it are requested to follow the Guidance for Users outlined below.
1. The Nottinghamshire HER is the copyright of Nottinghamshire County Council.
Some information held in the HER may also be the copyright of others. It is the user’s responsibility to ensure that copyright law is not breached.
2. Users are requested to inform, and to make their research available to the Nottinghamshire HER where new archaeological sites or data are discovered as a result of their work.
3. Users are requested to make appropriate acknowledgement of the Nottinghamshire HER in any publication or report which has made use of its data.
4. While efforts have been made to verify the data held in the Nottinghamshire HER, Nottinghamshire County Council cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of any particular data and its source.
5. Nottinghamshire county Council accepts that there may be a requirement to treat certain enquiries in confidence. Equally, the HER expects that users will not pass on information in an irresponsible or unethical manner.
6. Nottinghamshire County Council reserves all rights of Copyright which are owned in the material provided. Dissemination to a third party without the written consent of the Historic Environment Record Officer is a breach of copyright. Information supplied shall be used for the specified purposes only.
7. Access to all of the information in the HER is not provided through the website.
8.1 Information may not be disclosed if:
(a) it relates to the subject matter of any legal or other proceedings, actual or prospective (including Local Planning Inquiries);
(b) it relates to confidential, internal communications of Nottinghamshire County council;
(c) it is contained in a document or other record which is still in the course of completion
8.2 Information will not be disclosed if:
(a) it was supplied to the Council by another party who was under no legal obligation to do so and could not have been put under any legal obligation to supply it and has not consented to its disclosure;
(b) its disclosure would increase the likelihood of damage to the environment affecting anything to which the information relates
The baseline mapping in the portal is provided by Nottinghamshire County Council under licence from the Ordnance Survey.
© Crown copyright and database rights 2022 OS [******]. Use of this data is subject to terms and conditions.
You are granted a non-exclusive, royalty free revocable licence solely to view the licensed data for non-commercial purposes for the period during which [insert name of licensee] makes it available;
You are not permitted to copy, sub-license, distribute, sell or otherwise make available the licensed data to third parties in any form; and
Third party rights to enforce the terms of this licence shall be reserved to OS.