The 16th C gatehouse at Hodsock Priory is one the earliest brick buildings in the County.
The late 19th C engine house at Bestwood is the last remaining vertical winding engine in the UK. Volunteers open it to the public on certain days of year.
Foxwood lies on the crest of a ridge south of Calverton, within it are the earthworks of a late iron age hillfort. The site is a Scheduled Monument.
This 15th C timber framed building was used as the headquarters of the town governor during the sieges of 1643 and 1646.
Mattersey Priory was founded in 1192 and dedicated to St Helena. It was a house of Gilbertine Canons. The site is managed by English Heritage and can be accessed via a bridleway.
Newstead Abbey was famously the home of the Byron family. Its grounds are registered park and garden with which are a wide range of garden features dating back to the 16th C. It even contains a cannon fort!
This well preserved multivallate iron age hillfort lies to the south of Oxton. Its double bank and ditch can be seen in the remaining earthworks.
The dramatic gorge at Creswell Crags on the Nottinghamshire Derbyshire border is a site with great palaeolithic and prehistoric significance. Its caves contain rare examples of Ice Age rock art.
Rediscovered in the 1990s the wall paintings at the Saracens Head date to the late 15th century.